Summary Terms & Conditions
UK & NI residents 16+. Opens 09:00 26/10/2020, closes 23:59 29/10/20. To enter the competition, like the relevant competition posts on Alpen’s official Instagram page OR Facebook page and comment on the post with your favourite Alpen Light Bar flavour, using the hashtag #LoveAlpenLight. The competition post can be found on the Alpen Official Instagram page and Facebook page. One winner from Instagram and one winner from Facebook will be selected at random from all eligible entries. Each winner will win a month’s supply of Alpen Light. Full terms below. Promoter: Weetabix Limited.
Full Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Weetabix Limited. Station Road, Burton Latimer, Kettering, NN15 5JR, England.
- This promotion is open to UK and Northern Ireland residents aged 16 or over excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, professional Instagram or Facebook users, social media influencers or those who work in the food marketing or social influencer industry, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition and require you to provide proof of consent from a parent or guardian of any individual under 16 that appears in the entry.
- The promotion will run from 09:00 26/10/2020 to 23:59 29/10/2020 (the Promotional Period).
- Internet access required and entrants must have an active Instagram or Facebook account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this.
- To enter you need to like the relevant competition post on Alpen’s official Instagram page OR Facebook page and comment on the post with your favourite Alpen Light bar flavour and use the hashtag #LoveAlpenLight. Entries without likes and comments will not be accepted. Do not tag any other third-party companies or brands. (the Entry Criteria)
- Winner Selection: There will be 2 (two) winners, one from Instagram entries and one from Facebook entries. Entries will be selected at random from those who meet the Entry Criteria above.
- The winner is the owner of the social media account that posted the entry selected at random.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Instagram community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use on Instagram is subject to the platform’s terms and conditions. The Promoter will not accept any liability in this regard.
- Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post:
- tags any other third-party companies or brands
- contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content
- includes any individual without their express permission
- in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offence (taking into account prevailing community views or standards)
- contains content deemed socially irresponsible or likely to breach the CAP Code.
- contains any physical activity which could be deemed dangerous
- Participants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Both winners will win a month’s supply of their favourite flavour of Alpen Light bars (10 boxes of 5 x 19g bars).
- No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- Winners will be contacted via Instagram and Facebook within 1 week of the promotion close date and will have 7 days immediately following to contact the Promoter as directed in the message to confirm details (name, email address, postal address and age) in order to claim prize. If a winner does not respond within the 7-day period another winner will be selected using the same methodology as above. Participants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are a winner.
- The winner must consent to their entry being shared on the @Alpen_UK Instagram account and official Facebook page
- The prize will be posted to the address supplied by the winners within 30 days of winner confirmation.
- The winner agrees to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with this promotion (if requested). The promoter is entitled (but not obliged) to use the winner’s name and image in connection with such publicity.
- We may elect to make available the winner’s surname and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion. Participants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing email@example.com. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Instagram and Facebook. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to these websites.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. By entering the promotion, all Participants accept that they have no claim against Instagram or Facebook. By entering the promotion, all participants also agree to a complete liability release for Facebook and Instagram.
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud).
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual issues which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by relevant local law with any disputes as to the meaning of these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.